Monday, May 18, 2009

TT Staff takes Scarf Tying to The Women's Room


Tender Treasures staff members Megan, and Mayra accompanied me on an outing one afternoon to The Women's Room in Pasadena, a safe daytime refuge for women who are alone and homeless or at risk of homelessness. What we found was a loving environment where women gather to rest, socialize and support each other.


We were asked to provide a program for the women on the last Thursday of the month last month.....a special day when they celebrate birthdays and have a little party. I decided that we would take scarves from Tender Treasures for everyone and we would "Play Dressup" with them, teaching the women how to use this simple, square or oblong piece of fabric as a wonderful and playful accessory. We had a blast, and hopefully so did the women at The Women's Room.

You can read more about The Women's Room by clicking on the Title of this post.

1 Comments:

Blogger CaliWildViolet said...

Hi Gerry,
I enjoyed your blog post. Thank you for writing about this experience. I came across it, while doing a search for a boutique, that I used to send dolls to sell at, in the late 1980's, I think it was at that time. I have the old card, that says the shop was on Raymond Ave. I wonder if you are the same shop that I had orders from. Jennifer Haworth, Fir Grove Designs,
Humpty Dumpty and Babar and Celeste were the orders, as well as bunnies and I think Frogs, bean bags at that time.
I am in Boulder Creek, California now. I have patterns of all the dolls that I use to sell.
I can be located or written to at jlhbenb@gmail.com and I have articles on Word Press, under CaliWildViolet, a newer name, I am going to brand eventually.
Take Care....

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home